I love traveling but being on a budget isn't always possible do it... Probably this summer I'll do a sort of staycation during only day trips, but I have some nice books that give nice tips to save into traveling field...
Risparmiare in Viaggio by Tessa Gelisio :
Before To leave sit, using web you can find great deals
- If you book a 2 week holidays on web you can save €600
- If you use web to book a flight in your country you canssave €200
- Price comparison will help you to find best price and save €300
- If you book an holiday in a exotic paradise 2 day before you can save €700 (but this isn't true for every exotic paradise)
This means that in an year you can save €1800
- If you take a flight for European destination in a fixed day of the week you can save €200
- If you opt for flight +hotel package you can save € 180
- If you are going to have an holiday in Sardinia you know that isn't so cheap transportation , so booking it a lot of time ahead means that you can save €90
- If you opt for train instead of plane you can save€ 253
This means that you can save €723 in a year, not bad right?
One thing is if you are going to stay in a specific location for a month, another story if you are going to spend few nights away from your home...
- If you opt for a B&B instead a hotel you can sve €300
- If you are going in a European destination choosing an hostel you can save €600
- If you are family with kids best solution is choosing an house instead hotel and you can save €500
you can save in a year €1400
Ok with Euro is more easy spend money because in some cases you don't need to change money but if you need to do it
- Don't change money in the airport will help you to save €70
- Pay with your credit card instead use ATM machine for withdrawal, saving €60
- If you are traveling with train, bring your bike with you and use it, saving € 100
- some cities have amazing buildings and museums to attend, but their entrance ticket isn't so low cost, a good option is buy CITY CARd that usually offers free entrances and great deals into interesting places saving €115
- Ask to touristic guides you meet at low cost locals it will help you to save €200
In a year you can save €545
Is normal do shopping during your holiday, but if your holiday includes airport well is better do it here:
- Buying perfumes whe you're traveling saves €360
- Are you going to buy some liquor for you relatives? well do it into Duty free shop it will help you to save €360
- Being a woman you can do shopping into tax free shops saving € 300
doing shopping in the airport you can easily save €1020
And you don't have a single cent but you are looking for traveling why don't find a job abroad?
Following these tips you can easily save more than €5400 in a year, this could be a great emergency fund!!!
Which are your savvy tips for traveling?