REAL ESTATE HIDDEN COST:PROFESSIONAL PAINTING

I was having a lunch with old friends and we were remembering that time that our friend was looking for his first space as adult where would like to build also a family, having weird work schedules only saturdays were free and are been dedicated for a couple of months to house hunting, until discover a real gem in a antique building near office.
I was working in real estate agency so he sent photos of it and ask to do a second visit to say if there was something to control very well, so I visited I looked and I said that he was really good and not needed renovation works but being empty for several years (also if the ex homeowner did renovation works to sell house with good price) it needed some paint.

So he called companies asking price for entire apartmen, emails after emails, cost seemed always very high so a night that all our group was watching a dvd we said: why don't do it by ourself we are a big group, could use our free week end helping you, we only understand how paint costs.

See in 2003 I was in my first year of university and my parents decided to do some renovation works at hour home, pavement from living room to kitchen to bath to corridor and paint work, is been a stressful period because we were living there while workers were painting, we ate a lot of pizza, premade meals and my allergy for dust wasn't so good in that time, so I spent many afternoon of university's library...well total cost for this works was over €7000 and only painter asked more than €2000. So I was honest to suggest to do this kind of work by ourself, saving so a good amount of money!!!


Well day after dvd night we went to bricolage shop and bought several paint, do job by ourself with turns, covering floor with journals and old newspapers, is better to do this kind of work in a empty house.

Commenti