GIFT OF TEACHING


Everyone of us has a gift, something unique and different for everyone of us, but unluckily in this period of recessions most of youngs stop to believe that they can make a difference, also people with disabilities, honestly I loved to work with them.

Honestly I didn't stopped to dream about my future and in a better future for the planet, when I've just finished high school I've started to help the reverend wife of that time in the Sunday's Bible school...where yes I teached but I learned a lot by them and also about myself.

Today I was sitting on the couch watching some tv and there was a magnificient movie based on a true story, where a young man Brad Cohen (read his story here) wanted to became a teacher, , but how many closed doors he found in his way until one that decide to give him a opportunity also with his disability, he suffers from Tourette Syndrome but at the beginning every doctor he knew didn't recognized but after a lot of researches by his mum finally the problem had a name, and after a visit to a "support group" of other people that had left to win the Syndrome, he chose to battle for himself, and also if at the beginning is been hard, every day is been a victory

A new relationship with the father and in the same time he shows to the rest of world that he can teach also with his imperfection, he knows a girl who doesn't matter about his syndrom and in the end of the movie he receive the price as the Best teacher of first class of Georgia's State.

So When some days ago I wrote to a friend of mine that I think that will be a a great teacher, and she replied me with the way is too complicated, underemployed internship and other things, honestly I felt strange because for the moment I'm studying to became a licensed realtor, then in the next 20 years I'll can have my own business and I'll must to teach my work to someone other, but every time I think also:

Who is a good teacher? What would make the difference? Why we permit to other to create obstacles for our future and our dreams?
He is been and sstill is a really good teacher that didn't permit Tourette Syndrome to win on his life and he followed and achieved it's goal

Watch the movie and read the book Front of the Class.


Commenti