MODICA-SICILY


In the summer of 2010 I did a lot of vacations, because it is been first time I had a full month free from work and Ihsd real time to do real holidays. I spent first week of the month in a christian camp called "Adelfia" It is been a lovely week of sun, sea, fun and new friends; thne I came back in town to spend lazy days swimming or having sunbathing in the pool, then I am been invited from my friend Noemi to spend a week end in her town Scicli, I went a week end in the beginning of September.
( I had more pics but unluckily my netbook decide to died some days ago, so now I have only pc desk, maybe for Christmas I will gift to myself a new laptop-I will think about it)

Yes christian camp is situated directly in front of the sea


This is been my first time in this lovely island, first time I traveled with overnight train without sleeping a minte-I have problems to sleep when I'm on a train- the second I choose to take a plane, that is been followed by a couple of bus and I discover that Scicli is a nice town, but before to arrive I stopped in Modica, that is famous for its chocolate, you cannot resist to taste it, it is really delicious, then in followed days I used to have brakfast with granita and one night I tried icecream inside abig sweet bread, I loved it at first bite!!!

GELA

I slept in her house, then we spent another day in Gela visiting other two friends of us, it is been a really good holiday.

SCICLI BY NIGHT

However you don't must to think that in the city of Modica you will find only ancient people, what you will find is good food, amazing weather, fantastic sightseeing.

Where you can stay: Torre Don Virgilio( info) room cost €89 per night per person

Where you can eat: Torre D'oriente (info here) here you can taste good food and price are friendly from €30 to €50

Where you can do shopping: if you are looking for typical clothes and accesory you must to go  to Ottavia failla while if you want to came back at home with the typical and delicious sicilian food you need to go to Bottega Sicula.


Honestly in 2010 I discovered that chose September for holiday is more economic than july or August, prices are lower for flights, accomodation, plus sometimes you can find sales inside shops and buy nice things for half the price.

Commenti