THE COST OF DIET: 2. EATING OUT

Ok now you're on diet but you have your friends and a social life too, so meet your friends and eating out seems  so nice and innocent but inside restaurant menus there are a lot of traps.
Restaurant means spend a lot of money and put into your body a lot of calorie and everything is with your permission.

I rember whenI was in high school was quiet normal eat in Mc donals or burger king for at least twice time per week, and order a supersize of everything.
Bad habit to break.

So since I started diet, I told to my friends that I want to keep a social life too and now that journeys are warmer, it's quiet normal hang out and meet in restaurant and/or fancy local... so using web I did some research to find suggestion about eatingg out ( yesp I could be able to order lasagna, fried chicken supercaloric cake and eat all) and I found a nice interesting article on weight watcher site where topic was

Eating out do and Don'ts
Set a budget (determine how much you're willing to eat before look the menu, sometimes you can indulge for special occasion, but not always)
Put on your game face (determinne some guidelines, skip the all inclusive and fixed price and opt for a la carte menu, it is not so economical so probably you'll eat less)
Make special request (Can I have that without butter?grilled? with dressing on side-I must to confess I love this because in that moment I fell like Sall in movie Harry meet Sally; do you remeber it?)
Break down (language) barriers (au gratin, scalloped, hollandaise, parmigiana, bolognese, you can translate every of this word in high caloric foods)
Practise portion control (ordering salad for starte and then split, create youur own scale-down)
Downsize the supersize (order something small basic burger insted of superdouble burger)
Watch out for extras
Don't go top heavy (skip heavy and creamy dressing and choose more healty option. lemon sauce, herbs, olive oil)
Don't drink away your progress ( a glass of wine is fine, a lot of margueritas not so good)
Resign for the "clean plate club" (eating half the meal and dog bagging the rest; pusing away you'r plate when you're full, eat slowly) I must to confess this is the hardest thing to follow but I'm practising on it.

Usually if you are on a diet, do you go at restaurant and which are your choiches about food?


Commenti