EATING HEALTY ON A BUDGET IS POSSIBLE?



I was talking with a friend of mine about the cost of life and she was talking how much she is spending on eating, well honestly we weren’t agree about the fact that is possible eat healty and delicious food if you are on a budget… Which is your opinion? In my personal opinion and experience is possible have a good healty meals also if you are on a budget.

For example today I went into discount-groery store near home and I've bought : a big bag of salad, 2 big pack of rice, 6 yogurths, a mini cheese, a jam jar and a peanut butter jar...with ingredients I already have in my cabinets and this I can prepare delicious food and stay on a budget...infact total of my shopping is been €11.16 not bad:D



I have several books that show it (Jack Monroe wrote a blog turned book about eat with few money…A girl called Jack, with delicious recipes that don’t broke your finances) , plus since I have a budget to respect (welcome adulthood), I am been more interested about what there is inside “already ready meals” and I discovered that buying fresh, seasonal and local helps to stay on budget and your fantasy helps you to create new interesting dishes :P

I’m not saying that you cannot buy already meals, but for your healt (and your wallet) is better buy single ingredients and make by yourself, but use “ready meals” for special occasion or for that time you came back at home late and you don’t want to spend a lot of time cooking.

However we talked a lot and in the end we were talking in front of a cup of coffee in a café (treat that worth every single cent I’ve spent) reading cookbooks and recipes magazines…

Well believe or not, a Saturday she was nanny of her nephews she decided to  went with them into grocery store saying them “to buy items only in the list” and then “you will help me to prepare meal”, for first time after months they had great time together, they cooked and kids that are involved into food process, eat more veggies…cooking is always a good activity to do with your kids-nephews. More they are involved in every single activities, more they would like to learn about it!!!

Commenti